I HAVE OFFICIALLY SURVIVED MY FIRST MONTH OF COLLEGE
Crazy. And you know something else? It’s been absolutely amazing… Sure, there have been ups and downs, but overall I have completely loved my experience so far! I have an incredible roommate, my classes are difficult but interesting and geared towards things I actually want to learn about,and I have friends! Yes, actual, real friends!
As I sit here in my dorm room eating oatmeal and listening to The Civil Wars, I just feel incredibly blessed. I’m getting through my freshman year of college and conquering my anxieties. It has been hard and stressful at times, tears have even been shed, but it has also been exciting and hilarious and an incredible experience. And I’m only one month in!!!
So, since it has been a month since I last posted, here is a little insight into what has happened in my life, just for you:
- I started college! (Duh)
- I have met multiple people that I can
already call my friends and three others that I can call my bestfriends.
- I have come to the realization that I am the only freshman with a major in the theatre. department. (yikes)
- I have gotten really sick and had to be driven to the doctor. (double yikes)
- I have been to a coffee shop at least every other day…okay, let’s be honest…every day.
- I’ve been cast in two shows already.
- I have been asked to go to Sri Lanka for a month in the summer to put on a production for around 10,000 people and the president of the country!!!
- I have explored my new town that I call home.
- I have finally realized that money does not, in fact, grow on trees.
- I have made memories.
- I have been grateful for this opportunity that is being given to me.
Okay, that last one was a little sappy, I know, but it’s so true. God has blessed me with the opportunity to attend college and has put so many wonderful people into my life to make my transition from high school to college as painless as possible. I’m just so thankful… And the best part is, I know He has even more wonderful things in store! I can’t wait to see where the rest of my college experience takes me!